Friday, February 19, 2016

A Letter to my Son

Dear son,

I write you this letter to let you know that I loved you so much and that killing you was the only way to rid you of your pain. I couldn't take it no more to see you toss and turn in your little bed crying in pain. I watched each day as the disease  strived to take your life away and
I couldn't take it no more to hear you cry out my name for me to make the pain go away. I am your mother my dear son, but  ain't a doctor whose work ethics won't let him give into mercy killing. I wish there would have been another way my dear son, to ease your pain, but I was left with no options. The doctors couldn't help you and I didn't have the money to support you. To buy you painkillers or take you to India for treatment were deemed luxuries by the coins I had in my pocket. Forgive me son for taking you to your grave but it was the only way out, the single option I had left, to make the pain go away. The constant noises from the neighbours to make you hush so they could sleep at night annoyed me so much. Didn't they see that you were in pain? Didn't they see how much I struggled for you to be well? To cry in joy and not in pain? They pushed me my son and further aggravated me. They spoke as though I wasn't caring well enough for you and thus feared that they would take you away from me and I would have ended up never seeing you again. I thus had to send you to heaven first my son but don't worry, I will be joining you soon for the poison I put in your food this morning, is the poison I have put in my food this evening.
See you soon my son, in a land where you shall feel pain no more.

Signed,
Your loving mum.

No comments:

Post a Comment