Monday, June 6, 2016

Dear Son

Dear son...
I loved you so much...
That killing you was the only way to rid you of your pain.

I couldn't take it no more
To see you toss and turn each day
In your little bed
Crying in pain
Because of a disease that strove to gain
Its gain being to take your life away
I couldn't take it no more
To hear you cry out my name
For me to make the pain go away
I am your mother but ain't a doctor
I wish there would have been another way
To ease your pain
But I was left with no options my son
For the doctors couldn't help you
And I didn't have the money to support you
To buy you painkillers
Or take you to India for treatment
Forgive me son
For taking you to your grave
But it was the only way out
The single option I had left
To make the pain go away.
Noises from the neighbors 
To make you hush
So they could sleep at night
Annoyed me so much
Didn't they see that you were in pain?
Didn't they see how much I struggled for you to be well?
To cry in joy and not in pain?
They pushed me my son
I feared that they would take you away from me
And would never get to see you again
I thus had to send you to heaven first my son
But don't worry
I will be joining you soon
For the poison I put in your food this morning
Is the poison I have put in my food this evening
See you soon my son
In a land where we shall feel pain no more

No comments:

Post a Comment